Thank you for taking music lessons with MIGA Music Inc.
MIGA Music Inc. is committed to provide qualified teachers, dedicated space and the know-how to achieve your goals in music education.
To be able to fulfill our commitments to both our students and our teachers, we put the following policies in place:
2. Payment for the first 4 lessons is due at the time of enrollment.
3. A one time family registration / administration fee in the amount of $49 is due at the time of enrollment.
5. MIGA Music will inquire at the time of the 3rd lesson whether the student will continue with lessons going forward.
6. In case of discontinuation after 3 lessons, the payment for the 4th lesson is refunded.
8. Typically, lessons are scheduled for once a week, same time and same day of every week (except if such day falls on a holiday, as determined by MIGA Music Inc.)
9. A calendar with lesson dates is provided to each student at the time of registration.
10. The studio reserves the right to occasionally inquire about a possibility to change the pre-determined schedule, offering an alternative time or day of attendance. The client always has the option to decline such request, however, the client agrees to consider such requests and satisfy them if possible.
13. In case of teacher absence, the studio reserves the right to substitute a student’s regular teacher with another teacher for up to 3 lessons during a particular school year.
14. In case the regular teacher of a student is no longer able to continue teaching (due to changes in the teacher’s personal schedule or due to the fact that the teacher moved on and is no longer teaching for MIGA Music), the studio reserves the right to replace the regular teacher with another teacher.
16. In case the 4th lesson’s date is not the last lesson of a particular month, any remaining lessons of that month have to be paid at the time of the 3rd lesson.
17. Payments for ongoing lessons are due monthly and in advance; each upcoming month’s fee has to be paid by the end of the respective previous month.
18. Payments for ongoing lessons can be made
a. via pre-authorized credit
b. via pre-authorized debit
c. via post dated cheques* (payable to MIGA Music Inc.)
d. on the spot, with an extra security deposit of 2 lesson fees per student enrolled
* post dated cheques are only accepted after taking a minimum of 3 months worth of lessons that were paid by any alternate method shown above
19. Once passed the 3 lesson trial period and decided to continue with ongoing lessons, payment has to be provided for every lesson of every month of each school year until such time when you may permanently discontinue taking lessons
20. Should there be no payment received by the 1st of a particular month, the student will be deemed to have permanently discontinued and his / her time slot will be made available for other / new students.
21. There are no refunds for cancelled lessons, i.e. cancelled lessons cannot be skipped.
23. A lesson is considered to be properly cancelled if written notice is provided via a text message at least 24 hours prior to the time of the cancelled lesson to 289-200-2943 and if receipt of such text message is confirmed by the studio via a reply to said text, or if a request for cancellation is made in person to a MIGA Music receptionist, in which case a printed out receipt will be provided to the client.
24. A student’s non-availability for a replacement OR “make-up” lesson does not give rise to a right for a refund.
25. A student is eligible to have up to 3 properly cancelled lessons replaced during a particular school year.
26. Any further lessons cancelled (over the limit of 3) may result in forfeiture of those lessons.
27. No shows or failure to properly cancel a specific lesson at least 24 hours prior to the time of the cancelled lesson will result in a forfeited lesson.
29. In case of teacher absence, the studio reserves the right to substitute a student’s regular teacher with another teacher for up to 3 lessons during a particular school year.
30. In case of inclement weather, a whole day’s lineup of lessons may end up being cancelled. Such lineup of lessons will be re-scheduled to the nearest subsequent Sunday or as soon as circumstances permit.
31. In case of issues that affect MIGA Music’ operations to a point where it will not be possible to provide lessons, MIGA Music will advise you when will lessons resume and will consider clients’ requests for refunds.
34. The “minimum number of lessons” (from the paragraph above) varies on a per student basis and depends on how long has each particular student been with MIGA Music. Detailed guidance is provided in May of each particular year.
36. Should there be no payment received by the 1st of a particular month, the student will be deemed to have permanently discontinued and his / her time slot will be made available for other / new students.