Thank you for taking music lessons with MIGA Music Inc.
MIGA Music Inc. is committed to provide qualified teachers, dedicated space and the know-how to achieve your goals in music education.
To be able to fulfill our commitments to both our students and our teachers, we put the following policies in place:
2. Payment for the first 4 lessons is due at the time of enrolment.
3. A one time family registration / administration fee in the amount of $79 is due at the time of enrolment.
5. Lessons can be discontinued by canceling the 4th lesson with a minimum of 24 hour notice, in which case the payment for the 4th lesson is refunded.
6. Should MIGA Music not receive a 24 hour notice of discontinuation before the 4th lesson, it is assumed that the student wishes to continue with the lessons on weekly basis.
8. Typically, lessons are scheduled for once a week, same time and same day of every week (except if such day falls on a holiday, as determined by MIGA Music.)
9. Holidays: Lessons are NOT scheduled for any of the statutory holidays. Lessons are NOT scheduled for the Saturday of the Canada Day long weekend and for the Saturday of the Labour Day long weekend. Please note: All other Saturdays, including Saturdays of long weekends, are scheduled.
10. The studio reserves the right to occasionally inquire about a possibility to change the pre-determined schedule, offering an alternative time or day of attendance. The client always has the option to decline such request, however, the client agrees to consider such requests and satisfy them if possible.
13. In case of teacher absence, the studio reserves the right to substitute a student’s regular teacher with another teacher for up to 3 lessons during a particular school year.
14. In case the regular teacher of a student is no longer able to continue teaching (due to changes in the teacher’s personal schedule, medical condition or due to the fact that the teacher moved on and is no longer teaching for MIGA Music), the studio reserves the right to replace the regular teacher with another teacher.
16. In case the 4th lesson’s date is not the last lesson of a particular month and the student wishes to continue taking regular lessons, any remaining lessons of that month have to be paid at the time of the 3rd lesson.
17. Payments for ongoing lessons are due monthly and in advance; each upcoming month’s fee has to be paid by the end of the respective previous month.
18. Payments for ongoing lessons can be made
a. via pre-authorized credit
b. via pre-authorized debit
d. on the spot, via credit / debit / cash with an extra security deposit of 2 lesson fees per student enrolled
19. Once the 3 lesson trial period passed and the student decided to continue with ongoing lessons, payment has to be provided for every lesson of every month of each school year until such time when the student may permanently discontinue taking lessons
20. Should there be no payment received by the 1st of a particular month, the student may be deemed to have permanently discontinued and his / her time slot may be made available for other / new students.
21. There are no refunds for lessons cancelled by the students. Such lessons still need to be paid for and will be replaced by a make-up or replacement lesson.
23. A lesson is considered to be properly cancelled if written notice is provided via a text message at least 24 hours prior to the time of the cancelled lesson to 289-200-2943 and if receipt of such text message is confirmed by the studio via a reply to said text. The onus is on the client to report if such a confirmation message has not been received. In case the request for cancellation is made in person or via a phone call to MIGA Music, a text message will be sent by MIGA Music to the client for confirmation. The onus is on the client to report if such a message has not been received or if the information in the message is incorrect.
24. A student’s non-availability for a replacement OR “make-up” lesson does not give rise to a right for a refund.
25. A student is eligible to have up to 3 properly cancelled lessons replaced during a particular school year.
26. Any further lessons cancelled (over the limit of 3) may result in forfeiture of those lessons.
27. Non-attendance of a lesson without proper cancellation (“No-Show”) or improper cancellation may result in forfeiture of the respective lesson.
29. In case of issues that affect MIGA Music’s operations to a point where it will not be possible to provide lessons, MIGA Music will advise you when lessons will resume and MIGA Music will consider clients’ requests for refunds.
32. The “minimum number of lessons” (from the paragraph above) varies on a per student basis and depends on how long has each particular student been with MIGA Music.