Please scroll down for our COVID-19 Policies
Thank you for taking music lessons with MIGA Music Inc.
MIGA Music Inc. is committed to provide qualified teachers, dedicated space and the know-how to achieve your goals in music education.
To be able to fulfill our commitments to both our students and our teachers, we put the following policies in place:
2. Payment for the first 4 lessons is due at the time of enrolment.
3. A one time family registration / administration fee in the amount of $79 is due at the time of enrolment.
5. Lessons can be discontinued by canceling the 4th lesson with a minimum of 24 hour notice, in which case the payment for the 4th lesson is refunded.
6. Should MIGA Music not receive a 24 hour notice of discontinuation before the 4th lesson, it is assumed that the student wishes to continue with the lessons on weekly basis.
8. Typically, lessons are scheduled for once a week, same time and same day of every week (except if such day falls on a holiday, as determined by MIGA Music.)
9. Holidays: Lessons are NOT scheduled for any of the statutory holidays. Lessons are NOT scheduled for the Saturday of the Canada Day long weekend and for the Saturday of the Labour Day long weekend. Please note: All other Saturdays, including Saturdays of long weekends, are scheduled.
10. The studio reserves the right to occasionally inquire about a possibility to change the pre-determined schedule, offering an alternative time or day of attendance. The client always has the option to decline such request, however, the client agrees to consider such requests and satisfy them if possible.
13. In case of teacher absence, the studio reserves the right to substitute a student’s regular teacher with another teacher for up to 3 lessons during a particular school year.
14. In case the regular teacher of a student is no longer able to continue teaching (due to changes in the teacher’s personal schedule, medical condition or due to the fact that the teacher moved on and is no longer teaching for MIGA Music), the studio reserves the right to replace the regular teacher with another teacher.
16. In case the 4th lesson’s date is not the last lesson of a particular month and the student wishes to continue taking regular lessons, any remaining lessons of that month have to be paid at the time of the 3rd lesson.
17. Payments for ongoing lessons are due monthly and in advance; each upcoming month’s fee has to be paid by the end of the respective previous month.
18. Payments for ongoing lessons can be made
a. via pre-authorized credit
b. via pre-authorized debit
d. on the spot, via credit / debit / cash with an extra security deposit of 2 lesson fees per student enrolled
19. Once the 3 lesson trial period passed and the student decided to continue with ongoing lessons, payment has to be provided for every lesson of every month of each school year until such time when the student may permanently discontinue taking lessons
20. Should there be no payment received by the 1st of a particular month, the student may be deemed to have permanently discontinued and his / her time slot may be made available for other / new students.
21. There are no refunds for lessons cancelled by the students. Such lessons still need to be paid for and will be replaced by a make-up or replacement lesson.
23. A lesson is considered to be properly cancelled if written notice is provided via a text message at least 24 hours prior to the time of the cancelled lesson to 289-200-2943 and if receipt of such text message is confirmed by the studio via a reply to said text. The onus is on the client to report if such a confirmation message has not been received. In case the request for cancellation is made in person or via a phone call to MIGA Music, a text message will be sent by MIGA Music to the client for confirmation. The onus is on the client to report if such a message has not been received or if the information in the message is incorrect.
24. A student’s non-availability for a replacement OR “make-up” lesson does not give rise to a right for a refund.
25. A student is eligible to have up to 3 properly cancelled lessons replaced during a particular school year.
26. Any further lessons cancelled (over the limit of 3) may result in forfeiture of those lessons.
27. Non-attendance of a lesson without proper cancellation (“No-Show”) or improper cancellation may result in forfeiture of the respective lesson.
29. In case of issues that affect MIGA Music’s operations to a point where it will not be possible to provide lessons, MIGA Music will advise you when lessons will resume and MIGA Music will consider clients’ requests for refunds.
32. The “minimum number of lessons” (from the paragraph above) varies on a per student basis and depends on how long has each particular student been with MIGA Music.
Effective June 16, 2020
MIGA Music is re-opening starting June 22nd, 2020. Our focus is to resume providing music lessons in a very safe environment, where we greatly minimize any chance of transmitting any illness via airborne particles or surface contamination. To achieve our these goals, we have implemented some new policies, that can be categorized into
• Health Precautions,
• Logistical Changes, and
• Financial Considerations.
Please note, that the policies below are implemented effective immediately (as of June 16th, 2020) and are in addition to our existing policies. However, where needed, they also override and supersede any conflicting policies we may have had in place prior to June 16th, 2020.
2. Entering the Studio – Admission into onto our premises is strictly on “as needed” basis. This means, that until further notice, only students can enter our premises. Parents or accompanying guardians, siblings are advised to stay in their respective cars on the parking lot.
3. Masks are Mandatory – MIGA Music will not let anybody enter our premises without wearing a mask. The mask must fully cover both the nose and the mouth of the wearer. Should the attendee not have their own mask upon arrival, MIGA Music will provide a free sanitized cloth mask, or, for a fee of $1.00 (to be paid in cash) a “one time use” surgical mask.
4. Temperature Check – Upon entering, everybody needs to have their forehead scanned with our infrared temperature scanner. Should there be an above normal body temperature detected, the attendee will be turned away and not allowed to enter our premises.
5. Hand Sanitizing – Upon entering, everybody needs to use our hand sanitizer dispenser and sanitize their hands thoroughly.
7. One-on-One Classes Only – For the foreseeable future, only one student per class is allowed and semi-private classes are suspended.
8. Actual Instruction Time – For the foreseeable future, the actual instruction time of a 30 minute time slot is set to no more than 27 minutes. This is to allow for letting the previous batch of students out, wiping down surfaces and letting the next batch of students in.
9. Red and Green Lights – Just like traffic lights, a set of lights at the entrance has been installed. The lights will signal our students (only our students) whether they are allowed to enter or not. The signal light will turn green exactly at the time of the start of each lesson, at which point the students are expected to enter the studio. Parents, on the other hand, need to call ahead or can knock on the window from outside and enter upon being waved at by the receptionist.
10. Studio # Info Screen – At the entrance, the students will be expected to find their name and studio number on a newly installed info screen and proceed to the respective studio.
11. A Buzzer at the End – Just like at school, the end of each class will be announced with a sound cue, which is preceded by a warning bell 2 minutes before the end of the lesson. At the time of the final sound cue, the students are expected to exit the classroom and exit the studio immediately.
12. Drop off and Pick up of Children – Children cannot enter the studio before the green light at the entrance lights up and must exit the studio right after the class is over.
13. Waiting Room – The waiting room at MIGA Music (as we knew it from before COVID-19), has been cleared of all but 4 chairs that will be there for truly only emergency purposes. Therefore it is imperative, that parents remain in the parking lot to make sure they can receive / pick up their children right after the lesson.
14. Zoom, Face Time or Skype Connections – Each client should, preemptively, establish a Zoom or Face Time Connection with our Reception.
15. Zoom, Face Time or Skype Lessons – Should a student fail to attend due to health reasons on a short notice, the student should make an effort to receive the lesson via Zoom, Face Time or Skype. Virtual lessons cannot be taken just for convenience. However, due to obvious reasons and for the foreseeable future, some vocal and some flute lessons may have to be held virtually.
16. Updates from Teachers – Many parents used to sit in class with their child during the lessons. Many parents used to speak for a brief minute with the teacher in our waiting room. Our 100% open door policy (whereas the parents were able to sit in class) is now suspended until further notice. For the foreseeable future, parents will not be allowed into our waiting room and our teachers will not be allowed out of their classroom. To monitor the lessons or to receive an update from the teacher, a parent needs to send a Zoom or Face Time capable device into the classroom with the student. The parent needs to ensure, that they can connect to this device with a second device they also own, which they will use while in their car or outdoors.
18. Pre-paid Lessons – All pre-paid lesson will be honoured upon re-opening at a one-per-week rate.
19. Make-up Lessons – All pre-COVID make up lessons will be replaced at a one-per-month rate.
20. COVID Surcharge – To help with the costs related to COVID-19, a once a month surcharge of $0.99 for every student is being implemented, to be charged together with monthly lesson fees.
21. Credit Card Processing Fees – To help with the rising credit card processing fees, a surcharge of $0.99 will be added to each credit card transaction; whether pre-authorized or made in person.
22. Refunds – If a refund is requested due to non-continuation, such refund will be issued starting January 2021. This supersedes and improves our original policy which states “no refunds”.
23. Cash Payments – Cash payments are still accepted. Please call ahead to arrange for the receptionist to see you.
24. Pre-authorized Payments – To reduce traffic at reception, please arrange for pre-authorized payments via credit.
25. Short Notice Cancelations – Our existing policies apply; amended only by the possibility to receive a virtual lesson as per above policy #15. It is the clients responsibility to establish a working virtual Zoom, Face Time or Skype connection before the need arises – as per above policy #14.
26. Pre-authorized Payments – Due to all of the above, pre-authorized credit payment arrangements should be made by all clients.
27. The Need to be Informed – Non-familiarity with our policies due to not taking the time to review them or a simple dissatisfaction or disagreement with our policies is not a reason for retroactive (or for that matter) any exemptions to be made. Acceptance and compliance with our policies is a condition of continuous enrollment with us.